Recently I had an interesting conversation with John Booth of Carbon3IT (who is also Chairman of DCA Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Steering Group) about my latest book on sustainable data centers. The discussion focussed on what the book is addressing and the level of abstraction that is being used.
- Business architecture
- Information architecture
- Information systems (application) architecture
- Infrastructure architecture
- Why – Contextual; Motivation, scope, constraints, strategies, principles that apply to the different architecture domains
- What – Conceptual; The vision of services (business services, information services, application services, and infrastructure services)
- How – Logical; The mechanisms, components, and connections that provide the services
- With What & Who – Physical; The physical implementation, deployment and sourcing of all the components and people.
- When – Transformational; To define an integrated roadmap to make the wanted transformation possible.