The 5th annual Data Centres in Europe Awards took place in London last night, presided over by the chairman of the Judges Panel, Ashley Davis, and showcased achievement and growth in the sector over the past year.
The categories and winners were as follows:
- European Award for New Data Centre Facility – ARM Ltd
- European Award for Colocation – TelecityGroup
- Modular Data Centre Solution – COLT
- European Award for Cloud Infrastructure – Claranet
- European Award for Cloud Services – eBRC, Luxembourg
- European Award for Managed Services Provider – ControlCircle
- European Award for Energy Efficiency in Data Centres – Interxion
- European Award for Data Centre Entrepreneur – Apostolos Kakkos, CEO, LAMDA Hellix SA
- European CxO Award – Rob Coupland, COO, TelecityGroup
- Data Centre Change and Innovation Award – ancotel GmbH
- International Award – Virtela Technologies Inc
- Judges Award – Harkeeret Singh, Global Head of Energy & Sustainable IT, Thompson Reuters and Co-Founder, Talent for Technology, for his work as Lead author of The Green Grid’s Data Centre Maturity Model
- Most Promising Data Centre Newcomer of the Year – Jan Daan Luycks, CEO, CE COLO
- Most Sustainable Workplace Recovery Provider of the Year – SunGard Availability Services
Hosted by BroadGroup, next year will be the 6th anniversary of the Awards event, and will feature new categories and provide new opportunities for the data centre and cloud sector.
The Judges panel also included Alex Rabbetts, managing director, Migration Solutions, Rien Dijkstra, Independent Consultant, Infrarati, Andrew Harrison, director, ARUP, Tim Anker, director, Colo-X, Bernard Lecanu, president, BLIC Consulting, Paul-Francois Cattier, Global Vice President Data Center, Schneider Electric, Monika Grass, Independent Consultant, Grass Consulting , and Gerd Simon – Independent Management Consultant, Business Development Digital Hub FrankfurtRheinMain. The facilitor was Marion Howard-Healy, senior consultant at BroadGroup.